4/19/12: THIS BLOG HOP IS PAU (ALL DONE)! THE WINNER IS KIMMIE MATTHEWS! CONGRATULATIONS, KIMMIE, AND THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED!
Authors in Bloom friends, welcome to the Mia King website! After some technical difficulties, it seems that winter has decided to step aside and at, last, spring is here.
I’m kicking off the season with my first blog hop! Join in the fun and hop around and visit all 75 Authors in Bloom. You’ll find 10 days of gardening tips, recipes, great giveaways and one amazing grand prize: a Kindle Fire or Nook (winner’s choice) along with a $25 gift card to get books for your new eReader.
A Taste of Spring!
If you’ve read any of my books, you’ll know that they all contain yummy recipes (confession: I hate the word yummy. I’m a writer, you’d think I could come up with something different. But I can’t. So yummy it is until you help me come up with something better). Here is a yummy (gah! help!) recipe that I’m happy to share, the one that made all the difference in Deidre McIntosh’s life, my protagonist in Good Things and Table Manners.
(click above to go to this yummy recipe. Again, please save me from ever having to use this word again.)
The Mia King Giveaway!
I’m giving away this very sweet, very fun 8″ mini rainbow garden spinner PLUS a Mia King book of your choice! If you’re new to my books, just click on the MIA’S BOOKS tab above and read a short synopsis to figure out which one you’d love to read.
To qualify, all you have to do is:
- Head over to Amazon and give the book you want to win a thumbs up (“Like”):
- Good Things: http://www.amazon.com/Good-Things-Mia-King/dp/0425213714/ref=pd_sim_b_1
- Sweet Life: http://www.amazon.com/Sweet-Life-Mia-King/dp/0425221679/ref=lp_B001JSCN3E_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333987422&sr=1-1
- Table Manners: http://www.amazon.com/Table-Manners-Mia-King/dp/0425227898/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1333987470&sr=8-2
- Leave a comment below telling us that you gave the book a thumbs up (let us know what # thumb you were!), give me another word to use in place of “yummy”, and tell me where where you’re from. That’s it!
- Bonus entries: Follow me on Facebook, join my mailing list, or give my Amazon author’s page a “Like,” or like any of the other two books above. Leave a comment on each one you complete.
- Open to (US/CAN/INTNTL) friends.
To be eligible for the grand prize (Kindle or Nook) you need to take our two short phrases and go find the phrases on all the other participating blogs. Assimilate all the phrases into the complete passage: “Authors in Bloom,” a vignette about a women’s personal growth and empowerment.
Line 86: Rejoice in spring, the time for renewal and growth, blossoms and beauty–
Line 87: And of course, all things romance!
The tour ends April 18th at 11:59pm EST and then the winners will be picked. I’m also participating in the Blog Hop as Darien Gee, where I’m giving away a copy of Friendship Bread plus a pair of yummy Zyliss herb scissors. Click #60 below to go there directly!
If you’re new to blog hopping (I was!), here’s a link that’ll give you a little more info on how it all works: Authors in Bloom Spring Blog Hop. Good luck, everyone, and thanks for stopping by! Here is the list of participating authors.