From: TABLE MANNERS
Recipe courtesy: Parisian food blogger Clotilde Dusoulier, chocolateandzucchini.com
- 4 small loaves of bread (about 2 ounces each)
- 1 ball buffalo mozzarella, sliced
- 3 ripe figs, washed and quartered
- 12 leaves basil, rinsed and dried
- 4 teaspoons pesto or Pesto de Roquette
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 430° F.
- Slice the loaves open. Spread the top half of each loaf with a teaspoon of pesto (pesto should be thick and not too oily). On the bottom half of each loaf, lay a fourth of the mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add three fig quarters and three basil leaves. Put the tops back on.
- Transfer the sandwiches into a baking dish, and put it into the oven for about ten minutes, until they are heated through and the bread starts to get crispy. Let rest on the counter for a couple of minutes, and serve.