From: GOOD THINGS
William uses fresh Chinese peppercorn from China, but you can substitute red chili flakes or experiment with other local peppercorn varieties. This orgasmic response helped Deidre shape her future – imagine what it can do for you!
- 1 cup plus 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels, off the cob
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon Chinese peppercorn, crushed (or substitute dried red chili flakes)
- ¼ cup crème fraîche
- ¼ cup sherry
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, egg, corn, bell pepper, sherry, Chinese peppercorn and crème fraîche.
- Bring a skillet to medium high heat; add olive oil.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter, forming four fritters, cooking until bottoms are lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Flip carefully and cook an additional 2 minutes. Drain any excess oil and serve.