From: GOOD THINGS
Following is Deidre’s favorite tea blend to help her stay relaxed regardless of how hectic things might be, on or off the set. This recipe is naturally caffeine-free, but adding ¼ cup (about 2 oz) of loose green or black tea leaves will give caffeine lovers that extra kick.
Yields: 16 cups
- 3 teaspoon dried chamomile
- 3 teaspoon dried rosehips
- 3 teaspoon dried lemongrass
- 3 teaspoon dried mint
- 3 teaspoon dried hibiscus
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
Note: If using fresh leaves or flowers, use 1 tablespoon instead of 1 teaspoon.
- Preheat oven to 250° F.
- Wash and dry orange and lemon. With a vegetable peeler, remove only outer peel, not white pith. Cut peels into very small pieces; arrange on parchment-lined baking sheet. Dry in oven 20 minutes.
- Add dried citrus peel pieces to dried herbs; toss to combine. Transfer mixture to airtight container.
- Add 1 tsp of blend to a tea ball and tea strainer.
- Pour boiling water over tea leaves and let steep for five minutes. Discard or compost used tea leaves.