From: GOOD THINGS
Kevin prepared this high-octane egg nog recipe to help usher in the holiday spirit. Like Kevin, slow and gentle does the job and will keep the egg nog fluffy. It takes forever to prepare (as most good things do), but you won’t regret it.
Yields: 1½ galllons
- 4 cups whipping cream
- 4 cups bourbon whiskey
- 2 cup milk (use whole milk for better results)
- 2 cup brandy
- 2 cup rum
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 12 eggs
- ground nutmeg to taste
- Separate the egg yolks and whites into separate bowls.
- Beat egg yolks until very light and frothy.
- Beat egg whites until very stiff.
- Beat powdered sugar into the yolks, a little at a time.
- Stir in the whiskey slowly, then do likewise with the brandy, and then the rum.
- Add the milk.
- Add the egg whites.
- Whip the cream until it is as light as eggs.
- Add whipping cream and mix thoroughly but gently. For best results, fold in with a rubber spatula.
- Sprinkle fresh ground nutmeg on top (optional) and serve at room temperature.