From: SWEET LIFE
There’s iced tea and then there’s lemongrass, mint and ginger iced tea … there’s really no comparison. This refreshing beverage helps keep Marissa cool when she’s feeling a little steamed about the resort’s sexy executive secretary and (unbeknownst to her at the time) her future friend and housemate, Malia Fox.
- 1 stalk fresh lemongrass
- ¼ cup sugar
- 8 thin slices fresh ginger
- 4 mint springs
- 4 rounded teaspoons loose green tea (or substitute 5 single-serve green tea bags)
- Cut lemongrass into 2” inch lengths, then crush with the flat side of a large knife.
- In a 2-quart pan, bring 4 cups water, sugar, ginger, and lemongrass to a boil. Remove from heat and add tea leaves; let steep about 4 minutes or until desired flavor and color are achieved. Let cool, about 30 minutes.
- Pour through a fine strainer into a glass pitcher. Cover and chill until cold, at least 2 hours. Pour into tall glasses filled with ice and garnish with a spring of mint.