From: TABLE MANNERS
Recipe courtesy: Chocolatier Lan Wong, Petits Noirs, petitsnoirs.com
- 8 ounces of cassis fruit purée (red currant is best as it has a huge red berry flavor, but black currant purée or even raspberry purée would work as well)
- 1 pound of semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon of Cointreau (or Crème de Cassis)
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- Chop chocolate into coin-size chunks and place in a mixing bowl.
- Heat cream and fruit purée together in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Pour mixture into the bowl with chocolate. Let it stand for a minute and then whisk until smooth.
- Add butter and then the Cointreau. Mix.
- Cool the entire mixture so that the ganache can set, about 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Once the ganache is set, scoop out little balls. Roll each ball between your palms and toss in cocoa powder.
- For best results store at 55-60ºF. Otherwise store in an airtight container and place in refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before serving.