From: TABLE MANNERS
Recipe courtesy: Chocolatier Ivy Chan, Cocoa Chai Chocolates, cocoachai.com
- 100 grams (about 3½ ounces) heavy whipping cream
- 250 grams (about 8¾ ounces) dark chocolates, chopped
- 30 grams (about 1 ounce) sweet butter
- cocoa powder for dusting
- Heat whipping cream to just boiling and remove from heat.
- Add chopped chocolates to the heated cream and swirl the pan to equally melt the chocolates.
- Stir until chocolates are melted, then add butter and mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture onto a shallow square container lined in plastic wrap and leave at room temperature for 24 to 36 hours until firm.
- Lift the chocolates out and cut into 1-inch x 1-inch squares. Toss them with cocoa.
- Serve them on a nice plate. These truffles are meant to be consumed within one day.
Special Notes: Buy the best quality chocolates you can when making truffles. You can also add a little spice into the mixture if you like (cinnamon, hot chili pepper powder, etc.).