From: SWEET LIFE
Recipe courtesy: Chef Keoni Chang, Foodland Supermarket
Chocolate doesn’t get any better than this, and the name of this delectable dessert heralds what’s to come for Marissa and Paul.
- 5 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter (about 1¼ sticks)
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 450º F. Butter six ¾-cup soufflé dishes or custard cups.
- Stir chocolate and butter in heavy medium saucepan over low heat until melted. Cool slightly.
- Whisk eggs and egg yolks in large bowl to blend. Whisk in sugar, then chocolate mixture and flour.
- Pour batter into dishes, dividing equally. (This recipe can be made one day ahead. Just cover and refrigerate.)
- Bake cakes until sides are set but center remains soft and runny, about 11 minutes (14 minutes for batter that was refrigerated). Run a small knife around the cakes to loosen.
- Immediately turn cakes out onto plates. Serve with ice cream and fresh raspberries.