From: TABLE MANNERS
Recipe courtesy: Chef Daniel Thiebaut, Daniel Thiebaut Restaurant, danielthiebaut.com
- 8 lamb chops, about 2-inches thick each
- 2 zucchini, diced
- ½ onion, diced
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 2 small red potatoes, cut in half with center removed
- 2 Roma tomatoes, cut in half with center removed
- 2 eggplants, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ¼ cup niçoise olives, diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Hunan Lamb Marinade (see recipe below)
- Marinate lamb chops in Hunan Lamb Marinade overnight.
- Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil for 2 minutes. Add tomato paste and cook for one more minute.
- Add zucchini and eggplant, cooking slowly for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes (not Roma tomato halves) and olives. Cook until soft and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Steam the potatoes for three minutes.
- Fill the potato cups and Roma tomato cups with the vegetable mixture and bake in a 375° F oven for 5 minutes.
- Grill lamb chops to desired doneness, about 4-6 minutes per side.
- Place 1 potato cup and 1 tomato cup on plate with 2 lamb lollipops. Serve immediately.
Hunan Lamb Marinade
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ cup red wine
- ½ cup plum sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ¼ cup char siu mix
- Mix all ingredients and store in refrigerator until ready to use.