From: SWEET LIFE
So she’s not much of a cook, but you can’t blame a girl for trying. This is one dish that Marissa was able to perfect, adapting what was available and making it work. Of course, don’t be so preoccupied leaving the store that you hit another car, even if it ends up getting you a free cup of coffee and a new best friend.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups lightly packed baby spinach leaves (about 2 ounces)
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, lightly toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup freshly Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a grill or lightly-oiled grill pan on medium high heat. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Combine the spinach, macadamia nuts, lemon juice, and lemon peel in a food processor, pulsing lightly. Slowly add oil, blending until the mixture is creamy. Add salt and continue to pulse.
- You will only need half of the pesto for this recipe. Put the other half of into ice cube trays and store in the freezer for future use.
- Transfer the rest of the pesto to a medium bowl. Stir in the cheese. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread the pesto over each piece of chicken and serve.