From: TABLE MANNERS
Recipe courtesy: Chef Lisa Dupar, Pomegranate Bistro, duparandcompany.com
- 3 yellow heirloom tomatoes, diced
- 3 red or zebra stripe heirloom tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced in half
- ½ cup capers, drained
- ¼ cup chiffonade of fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup minced sweet summer onion (Walla Walla or Vidalia)
- 3 cloves of minced fresh garlic
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups baby spinach (½ cup per trout) to toss just before serving
- 4 whole 6-8 ounce de-boned trout, butter-flied open
- 4 teaspoon seasoning salt blend
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- For the warm tomato-olive-caper salad, mix all of the above ingredients, except spinach, and let sit at room temperature until you are ready to serve the trout. This is best served within 1 hour after mixing.
- To prepare the trout, take one whole trout fillet per person and season evenly with a sprinkle of the seasoning salt blend.
- In large 12” sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter together until just before the smoking point.
- Sear the trout, starting with the skin side up for about 2 minutes on each side. Repeat for each trout.
- With a slotted spatula, place trout in the middle of a dinner plate. Toss the warm tomato-olive-caper salad with baby spinach leaves and spoon down the middle of the trout. Serve immediately.