From: TABLE MANNERS
Recipe courtesy: Chef Scott Harberts, Chateau Ste. Michelle, ste-michelle.com
- 2 pounds beef top round or tenderloin
- 16 button mushrooms
- 16 pearl onions or Cippolini onions, peeled
- 8 slices bacon, halved
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 16 metal or bamboo skewers
- Bourguignonne Marinade (see recipe below)
- Cut beef into 16 2-ounce cubes; set aside.
- Bring 2 quarts of salted water to a boil, and prepare an ice bath. Blanch mushrooms for 1 minute; remove with slotted spoon and place in ice bath to cool. Remove mushrooms from ice bath and set aside. Bring water back to a boil and blanch onions for 2 minutes; remove with slotted spoon and place in ice bath to cool. Remove onions from ice bath and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lay bacon on parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast until fat is rendered, but bacon is still pliable. Place bacon on paper towel-lined plate and cool in refrigerator.
- On each skewer assemble 1 piece beef, 1 piece bacon, 1 mushroom, 1 onion, and 1 tomato. Place finished skewers in baking dish and pour marinade over beef skewers, being sure to coat pieces evenly. Marinate for at least 1 hour, and up to 4 hours.
- Grill and serve.
- 2 cups Chateau Ste Michelle merlot
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a blender; blend for 30 seconds.