From: GOOD THINGS
Serve this healthy salad at room temperature – it’s perfect on the buffet. Deidre scored points with Kevin’s parents with this one.
- 1 pound penne
- 1 tablespoon rice bran oil
- 12 ounces salmon filet, poached and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, peeled and sliced
- ½ pound snow peas
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted and chopped
- 8 radishes, sliced
- Creamy Light Dill Dressing (see recipe below)
- Blanch snow peas for one minute; put aside.
- Boil the penne and drain. Transfer to a large bowl and toss well with rice bran oil.
- Add the poached salmon, onion, celery, snow peas, bell peppers, and radishes to the pasta and toss well.
- Drizzle 1 cup of Creamy Light Dill Dressing; toss well and serve.
Creamy Light Dill Dressing
- 1½ cups yogurt cheese
- 5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 5 tablespoons concentrated beef or vegetable stock
- 1 ½ teaspoons honey balsamic mustard
- 1/3 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 5 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- In a blender or food processor, combine the yogurt cheese, vinegar, stock, mustard, hot pepper sauce, salt, and dill.
- Blend until mixture is smooth and creamy. Refrigerate until ready to serve.