From: GOOD THINGS
With the deep fryer on the fritz, Lindsey has no choice but to serve her patrons Deidre’s oven-baked alternative. Serve with malt vinegar for a flavorful snack or side.
- 2 pounds unpeeled baking potatoes (Russet or Idado), scrubbed
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Cut potatoes into ¼ inch thick fries, leaving the skin on. If you won’t be baking the potatoes right away, refrigerate in a bowl of water to prevent browning and then drain and pat dry when ready to season and bake.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and toss thoroughly.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes, tossing mid-way through, until potatoes are soft and lightly browned. Serve immediately.