From: SWEET LIFE (Berkley Books, September 2008)
Recipe courtesy of Ira Ono, Volcano Garden Arts Café, volcanogardenarts.com
Paul certainly knows when to crash a brunch – right before it’s being served! He stumbles onto this homemade fare at the house while Marissa is in New York, and finds a way to win over Marissa’s housemates. This dressing has a fresh, clean flavor and tastes great as a dressing on salads or as a dip or sandwich spread.
Yields: 1½ cups
- ¼ cup raw tahini
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped (bottoms and stems)
- ½ cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Chill for 1-2 hours, shake and serve.