From: GOOD THINGS
The Uptown Bistro didn’t get a lot of things right, but this one was a winner. Try it, and you’ll see why Caroline cleaned her plate before sticking Deidre with the bill.
- 1½ pounds spinach, stems removed, washed
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 4 hard-boiled egg whites, coarsely chopped
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- Light Roquefort Dressing (see recipe below)
- Toast slivered almonds for 3 to 5 minutes in a preheated 300 degree oven.
- Wash and pat dry spinach leaves, tearing into bite-size pieces.
- Toss with Light Roquefort Dressing and serve on individual plates. Top with almonds, egg whites, and sliced mushrooms.
Light Roquefort Dressing
- 6 ounces Roquefort cheese (the better the cheese, the better the dressing)
- 1 cup thick, nonfat yogurt cheese (made from 3 cups nonfat yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Mix Roquefort, yogurt cheese, and mayonnaise together. Season with pepper to taste. Chill until ready to use.