From: TABLE MANNERS
Recipe courtesy: Chef Sean Hartley, Palace Kitchen, tomdouglas.com/palace/index.html
- 2 Washington apples, such as Honeycrisp, cored and julienned
- 2 loosely packed cups friseé, trimmed, washed, and dried
- 2 Belgian endives, cored and chopped
- ¼ medium fennel bulb, cored and very thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Cougar Gold cheese (a sharp aged white cheddar), crumbled
- ½ cup toasted Holmquist hazelnuts, chopped
- Hazelnut Cider Vinaigrette
- Put the apple, friseé, endive, and fennel in a large bowl.
- Toss with as much Hazelnut Cider Vinaigrette as needed to lightly coat everything. Season the salad to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the salad among 4 chilled plates and sprinkle each serving with cheese and hazelnuts. Serve.